Re: Spanish keyboard question

  • From: Manuel Castelao <castelao@xxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 21:32:40 +0100

I have received an answer from Jos Schaars, related to the problem with foreign keyboards under vDosXy: "The only person who can fix it is the programmer of vDosXy, who made the change that he described this way: ""You will notice that on the vDos command line, the keyboard layout is fixed to US."

M.C.

Manuel Castelao wrote:
Edward:
I knew that quotation and the keyboard layout for non-unicode apps is
already set to Spanish in my W7 system, but...
In XyWrite, the keyboard is correctly mapped.
Thank you very much for your message.
M.C.

Edward Mendelson wrote:
vDos (unmodified) uses the keyboard specified in Windows as the
“keyboard layout for non-unicode applications” (not the system
keyboard, the keyboard layout for non-unicode applications).

vDosXy, on the other hand, works like this (quoted from the source
code repository):

———————

Notes on the modified keyboard handling:

You will notice that on the vDos command line, the keyboard layout is
fixed to US. Within XY3 the keyboard will be mapped correctly by XY3's
keyboard handling routines.

———————

Jos Schaars, the author of vDos, can do nothing about this. You will
have to ask the author of vDosXy for help.