Re: New keyboard documentor for Xy

  • From: "Kari Eveli" <lexitec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "XyList" <xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:38:00 +0300

>A wonderful utility, but I haven't figured out how it can help me to avoid
>going over my KBD file a line at a time to convert the assignments. Wouldn't I
>have to do that in building a new .kt file (using a text editor not XyWrite
>(why not?))?

Most certainly. Of course you can use XyWrite if you want, but it can cause
problems with some assignments (e.g. mode commands programmed in a certain way,
perhaps not in your keyboard file). Using a programmer's text editor makes sure
that no extraneous MD formatting commands do not creep into the file. The
initial comment part must not contain initial or hidden Xy mode commands. Of
course you can check this in expanded mode. I personally prefer a separate
editor for this task.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)