Manuscript files

  • From: "Paul Breeze" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "paul.breeze" for DMARC)
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 18:55:06 +0100

Dear Carl

In Notabene it is possible to create a manuscript file from files that are individual chapters of a book. (This is done with a mouse from a file list, selecting and ordering them manually, which gets around the problem of order I have found, below.) This MS file can then be printed or converted to RTF.

Is there any way of creating a similar file in XY4? I have tried the CHAIN routine and this will work, although I need to put a PG at the end of each chapter. That is not a massive chore but if there is a way of chaining the chapters without the need for the manual insertion of a PG, that would be useful to me.

More importantly for me, can I control the order in which the files appear in the chained file. I have just tested CHAIN on a set of files that run from Chapter.1 to chapter.20 and they appeared in the order:

1,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,2,20,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

Any way of forcing them into simple Arabic numerical order.

Best wishes

Paul

---