Re: MD DD

  • From: Harry Binswanger <hb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 22:05:06 -0400

DD works on different math, as you discovered. I never decoded it, but you can just experiment with different numbers, 0 -255, in SETTINGS.DFL. What I did, and I recommend, is to define a block of text, try a DD, then re-load Settings.dfl using a special keystroke to save and re-load of SETTINGS.DFL. Instant feedback. Here is a pseudo-code version of what I use (gets the cursor back to where it was):

nn=no,<,S,X,0,1,,,<,C,P,>,>,bx,s,a,q2,bx,l,o,a,d, ,S,e,t,t,i,n,g,s,.,d,f,l,q2,<,I,F,<,E,R,>,>,<,E,X,1,>,<,E,I,>,bx,j,m,p, ,<,P,V,0,1,>,q2,<,P,R, ,n,e,w, ,s,e,t,t,i,n,g,s,.,d,f,l, ,l,o,a,d,e,d,>,<,E,X,>,<,E,I,>

My actual code is part of a larger U2 frame, HBSA, that takes care of this, saving and re-loading the U2, and regular saves--depending on the file extension (.DFL, .U2, or not).

Regards,
Harry

Got tangled up in neurons trying to remember how to change color for Defined text. Here's a section of settings.dfl:

; DD is number used to compute display of defined text
; Defined text does not display in this mode number
DF DD=46
I'm running the absolutely best Mac port for XY, crisp clean display, prints with TY<cr> no questions asked, integrates also with Mac OS files, so much faster than the setup I've used for years, DosBOX hosted.

It's Dr Mendelson's excellent vDosMac.app. Anybody need details there's a couple of HTML docs in the package; I had about five days of tweaking then got it. Perfect.

Anyway that line from settings, Defined text does not display in this mode number, some algorithm integrating Define with the rest of the display, but what's the math? How do I change it (in XyWrite natively)?

Thank you.