Re: I need a new desktop computer -- Recommendations?

  • From: J R FOX <jr_fox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 08:58:43 -0700 (PDT)

Looks promising, Kari.  They seem to be customizable within a pretty good
range.  For a particular installation I have in mind, the users will be needing
either dual burners or burner + optical disc reader (need not be Blu-Ray, that
is optional), and e-SATA, among other things.  I'm more familiar with the i5 /
i7 than the Xeon cpu line, but have heard some good things about them.  I was
also thinking more in terms of a mid-tower than a mini for this.  And I'm not
sure what they're referring to with this "Thunderbolt" cable connection thing.

But thanks for the recommendation.

  Jordan