[xds-sigma-comp] Re: Trap question

  • From: rollerton@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: xds-sigma-comp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 22:52:25 +0000

"
For traps the IA always points to the trapping instruction so the OS can analyze why the trap occured. For interrupts this is not true, the IA points to the next instruction. I would have to go dig some but I think for the move byte string type instructions the source and dest registers point to the address that caused the problem also. Not sure on this though.

--
Joe Chisolm
Marble Falls, Texas