[x500standard] Re: [pkix] DER encoding of certificates

  • From: Santosh Chokhani <SChokhani@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Richard L. Barnes" <rbarnes@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 11:40:48 -0400

(BTW, messages to one mail list seem to get rejected).

I do not see an issue.  The signer signs something.  You verify it.  You keep
and transmit the blob and signature.  You or anyone can decode the blob and as
long as decoding is definitive (which to my knowledge is), no problems or
ambiguities should be encountered.