[x500standard] Re: Subdividing 6.1 of X.509

  • From: David Wilson <David.Wilson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: x500standard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 11:33:55 +0100

On Fri, 2011-07-08 at 11:47 +0200, Erik Andersen wrote:
> I suggest add a new level 2 header just after the SIGNED information
> object class:
>

> 6.2          Distinguished Encoding of Basic Encoding Rules
>

> And yet another level 2 header just after the letter numbered list:
>

> 6.3          Applying  Distinguished Encoding
>

> If no adverse comments, I will add this to ITU-T ballot comments on
> the IdM support PDAM

I would support this. There is the text currently in Section 6 which
seems to define a slightly different distinguished encoding from the DER
defined in X.690.

(I also note that the definition of DER has itself evolved very
slightly, e.g. Section 11.4 of X.690).

David

-----
www.x500standard.com: The central source for information on the X.500 Directory