[x500standard] SV: SV: Re: New Work Items for PKI

  • From: "Erik Andersen" <era@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <x500standard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 12:47:25 +0100

Hi David,

Thanks for the paper. I have read it with interest. It looks like something
we should seriously consider.

The concept requires that the browser goes to that 'expert' instead of the
local trust anchor information storage (to which I always have had an
ambivalent relationship having to trust MS not making 'mistakes').

I have a few comments to the paper. I do not like the term 'expert'. It is
too general. I am not sure that Trusted Third Party is the best term either,
as TTP can be the label for different entities, e.g. CAs.

It looks like the 'expert' will hold trust anchor information and possibly
more. Terms like "Trust anchor information server" or just "certification
server" could be considered.

I think the article has some unnecessary consideration on the X.500 model in
the Introduction.

Regards,

Erik