[x500standard] Object class defition

  • From: "Erik Andersen" <era@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Directory list" <x500standard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 18:11:55 +0100

Hi,

Base on some private discussion with David Chadwick, I am proposing the
update to X.501 as shown in the attachment. I have done the following:

a)      Extended the text somewhat. Please note that I am not using the word
"shall", but rather "this field is used for specifying..."  ASN.1
information objects are not for implementers, but for those making
specifications.

b)      It is added that only user attribute types are to be included. The
note say that this is a little different for object classes for subentries.

Erik Andersen