[wwpoenglish] Fwd: Re: wwpoenglish Digest V2 #123

  • From: Hedva Bachrach <hedgad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wwpoenglish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 16:56:53 +0200

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: wwpoenglish Digest V2 #123
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 16:49:57 +0200
From: Hedva Bachrach <hedgad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: wwpoenglish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Very Dear Hilarie ROSEMAN,

I've read with great interest your reply. Thank you for being what you
are... Still - My dream , I wish it came true but it is still far away,
as Reality is different ..... Reality of Syria's Assad butchering his
people, thousands of them... of Isis decapitating everyone, Moslems,
Christians and in the future jews, because they don't think as they do
and don't take the Islamic faith their way.. All this is very real!!
taking women and children as sex slave prisoners... all this is very
real!!!. Palestinian endless terror, sending rockets at civil
population, suicide bombing on buses, kidnapping people, stabbing of
people, running them with cars at bus stops - all this is very real..
building of settlements as there is fear hostile forces and of rockets
and killing from the west bank is real.... building of settlements also
because a religious ideological party sits in the government - this is
also real !!

So reality sometimes overcomes dreams.. Also writing a thesis, yours and
mine, can not replace a mother grieving her young son, on each side..
The one who does not live in this area does not really see it....

However, to wish for peace and take steps to achieve it, together with
consideration of reality, is also a must!!! Morality and survival should
finally come together.

Just a small note... Yehuda Stolov, the head of Interfaith encounters is
still very active. I really do admire the man. there are centers of
interfaith encounters in several cities, it is not easy but he keeps
working.

And I want to tell you about our forefathers sages. I'm a descendant of
many generations of Jewish scholars, law people, Rabbi and Admores, and
inventors of laws for society.. as well as poets and writers, like me..
((at home i have my family history from 1492, up to now. My first
forefather was Rabbi Hacohen zedek of Portugal, during the generations
the son in law of the Maha"ral of |Prague was of my father's family -
the Maha"ral who according to legend built the clay man to help his
people in their sorrow and suffering . I was born in Rumania but came
as a six old girl to Israel, after the Holocaust). I also think, like
you, that Yehova, God, Alla is father of us all, and that life is a
precious and sacred gift which should not be taken away, it is God's
gift, also dignity of life is holy. I do wish children of Abraham would
come together...!!!

our forefathers sages had schools - from 500 b.c until 300 a.c . They
were called HAZAL ( the sages god rest their souls) every such school
had two sages as its heads of yeshiva , and why that??- because no law
should be determined by one only!!! ( these were the makers of laws
from which the Parliament of that time _ Sanhedrin - the 70 sages who
sat near the king and the high priest was composed) in the law and basic
cultural writings of early Judaism, the Tora, the Mishna and the Talmud
even the students' words and ideas were written. Also their views and
their legends... these books have the basic cultural and imaginative
core of the Jewish nation. Only in 70 a.c. after the Romans destroyed
Jerusalem and abbi Yochanan Ben Zakai asked the Roman conqueror to
transfer the committee of sages to Yabne, and was granted the wish, only
then at 300 b.c. there was only one central figure like Rabbi Yehuda
Hanasi, determined solely the laws for all the diaspora people and for
the people who remained in the country. Two of such early schools were
the House of Shamai and the house of Hillel. The house of Shamai was
very strict, to the letter, but the house of old Hillel was open and
wise..The legend says that a gentile came to Hillel and asked him if he
could tell him the essence of Judaism; Hillel thought and said - " WHAT
YOU HATE YOU SHALL NOT DO TO THE OTHER! LOVE THE OTHER AS THYSELF!"
Most of laws were written according to the house of Hillel, however
there were other schools too.

I have read and studied the new testament. I do think that Jesus Christ
was a great great teacher of Humanity. He saw the equality of human
beings, even of the outcast ones. He said to turn the other cheek, just
to break the circle of Violence. I believe that democracy was developed
as a result of Jesus teachings. I've also read the Koran, they have
good important social laws for the believers, but what about the
Infidels??????

I wish, dear, dear Hilarie that both our dreams will come true... I wish
it with all my heart. Bless you

Hedva

Dr. Hedva Rabinson Bachrach
Israel

On 31/10/2015 07:13, worldwidepeaceorg@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

wwpoenglish Digest Fri, 30 Oct 2015 Volume: 02 Issue: 123

In This Issue:
[wwpoenglish] Today were published these two books, which I
[wwpoenglish] Hilarie Rosemans reply to Hedva

From: "Prof. Ernesto Kahan" <ekahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [wwpoenglish] Today were published these two books, which I share the
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 17:44:12 +0200

------------------------------

From: "Hilarie Roseman" <hilarieroseman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [wwpoenglish] Hilarie Rosemans reply to Hedva
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 15:22:04 +1100

A REPLY TO Hedva Rabinson Bachrach from Hilarie Roseman PhD
I thought Hedva gave a very good narrative of the Israeli State’s history and
difficulties. My thesis on the construction of peace withinthe Abrahamic
communities included studying the bringing of peace to South Africa and
Ireland. I, myself, am descended from my great great grandfather, an Irish
mutineer who pledged in1796 on HMS Defiance to: “Kill every officer and
every man that shall hinder rus….ad afterwards to kill and destroy all
Protestants.� I am reminded of the Hamas constitution when they say they
want to kill all the Jews, and the young Jewish people I see who call out on
TV, he’s an Arab let uskill him.
Peace did come to Ireland and also to South Africa, and it came from people who
had a deep feeling of the wrongness of what was going on, and the grief of
always burying their family members. In Ireland it was two women from opposing
sides who got together and created a parliamentary party that bean the breaking
of the deadlock.
In South Africa it was a Methodist man who saw the stupidity of listening to
the Government saying that they were Christian, and then doing very unchristian
things. I always think of the Jews saying they want a Jewish state, but they
do not seem to be obeying the commandments of the Godof their scriptures.
It was made very clear to me by my Abrahamic participants that Jews, Christians
and Muslims all had the same commandment from God, to love God and neighbour.
They agreed,( with the mediators in the groups laughing because it was everyone
in the various groups who agreed), that the construction of peace with the
commandment to love God and neighbour was not being taught. Now I am a
Catholic – or what you would call, after over 200 hundred years in Australia,
still an Irish Catholic , and this is what we are taught from the Jewish man
who we believe to be the Messiah, the Word of God Incarnate, Jesus Christ.
Jesus said: Luke 6:27-38:- “To you who hear I say: love your enemies, do
good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who
mistreat you….be merciful just as (also) your Father in heaven. Stop judging
and you will not be judged. Stop condemning nd you will not be condemned.
Forgive and you will be forgiven.�
This teaching applies to everyone. What we do to others, comes back and
happens to us. Someone has to begin to live out the virtuous actions that were
dialogued about in our interfaith groups.. I notice that the interfaith work
done by Dr. Yehuda Stolov has finished. This is a sign tome that interfaith
relationships have reached a very low point in Israel. Let us begin to
practice the virtues of compassion, forgiveness and inclusion.
Inter-generational hatred has a spiritual thread to it, and only a spiritual
remedy will begin the construction of peace, the remedy that has already been
given to all the people living in Israel and Palestine. We need god to help
us, we need, as my participants did, to pray together for one another, be
humble, open and willing to stand up for those things that we believe to be
good and helpful in our joint community life. Hedva says she has a moral
difficulty with a two state solution and survival. Survival for all will only
come abou
t for all when as she correctly says her dream comes true: there willbe two
free states, with an upper court with of regional justice, a religious and
ethnic advisory committee and a water authority for the three states that use
this region’s water. The scripture is there to bring this about – it needs
actions to put it into a position to achieve the miracle of living and working
together for a better world. Copyright Hilarie Roseman PhD

From: Hedva Bachrach <hedgad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 21:56:46 +0200

*I would like to comment on Mazin Qumsieh's article about the two states
solution.
I am also , together with my family, against one state solution -many
people are against it in my country, but let us see who really is
responsible ( not totally , but mainly) for this phenomena!
_Israel is a small country. 800 km long. It has a population of 8-8.500
million people. about 6 million are jews, the other are Moslems,
Christians, Druz, BahaiBeduin moslems.. etc... The west bank enters deep
into israel, until 22 km from the Mediterranean sea. 15 Minutes from
where I live, and in my town there was a suicide bombing attack in one
of the hotels on passover dinner. Many of the guests died.

_1. until 1919 there was no Palestine , no Israel. It was the ottoman
empire, which was subdued by the British and french. Syria and LEBANON
got their recognition by the U.N in 1946, Israel and Palestine in 1947.
_Israel recognized the palestinian state, Arab nations and Palestinians
did not ! 5 Arab countries attacked Israel in the 1948 war, and Israel,
with God's grace, survived.
2_. |Since then - endless terror. suicide bombers and terrorists... and
retaliation wars. Terror started even before that, when Hebron-Nablus,
Jewish community was totally massacred by Arab mobs.

3. Refugees - in 1948 about 950 thousand refugees fled in the 1948 war
to about 5-6 Arab states- These Million people did not receive Citizen's
rights for about 66 years( except Jordan) !!!!! Countries in the world
generally give citizens rights after 5-10 years. _Jewish refugees fled
from Arab states, _threatened by mobs for their life, to Israel. Later
also from the Magreb countries. Jewish houses and Bank accounts were
confiscated by Arab governments. 47% of Israel's population originated
in Arab countries. When Ehud Barak was Prime Minister he offered
Tasser Arafaat the Gaza strip, 94% of the west bank ( the rest to be
territorial exchanges) Custodianship of the holy places to Islam etc.
But Araffat wanted to bring back 5 million people he called refugees...
_Israel could not and can not allow this, as it would undermine its
demographic situation._

3. Water Problems - Syria has two big river in the north, but most of
the water is used by Turkey who also built there dams... in the middle
and in the south Syria has a lot of dry land, when there is not rain,
and upheavals of farmers already occurred. Therefore Syria always wanted
the lake of Galilee - the only lake which Israel has and its water is
divided by agreement with Jordan. Palestinians are also benefiting.
Israel and Jordan are bringing by pipes and reservoirs the water to the
desert, which is a third of the whole of Israel. and Jordan too. Israel
is exporting vegetables grown in the desert by special irrigation
underground methods. Also uses desalinated water by desalinating plants.
Syria wants to be even near the lake, which by international laws
will give it the right to use its waters. Israel and Jordan and
Palestinians here after will not have enough water if Syria succeeds.
The three sources of the Jordan, which feed the Jordan which gives water
to the lake come from the Hermon Mountain and its vicinity. Syria tried
to deviate the Yarmouch source in 1970,The Hizballa movement put dirth
and sweure in the second source of the jordan, only by international
intervention it was stopped.
SYRIA IS TRANSFERRING ARMAMENT AND MISSILES TO THE HIZBALLA MOVEMENT IN
LEBANON FROM IRAN.

4. The intervention of Iran. Iran has an extgreme shia religious
regime as government.Iran usees proxis to undrmine regimes of moderate
Arab countries and especially israel, as a symbol... Iran also incites
and arms troups in Yemen and other places. The SHia extreme religious
regime wants to dominate the middle East, against the Suni regimes of
the rest of the Islamic world like Saudi Arabia etc. The Hizballa in
lebanon and the Hamas in Gaza are also shia.. _Israel has left the gaza
strip in 2005. and took out its few settlements from there. the gaza
people were completely free and had the good will of european
investment. The hamas movement was chosen to rule, and since then
israelis had enless missiles, sent by Iran through the sea and the Sinai
desert by beduins, through an underground city of tunnels which was
built by Hamas under Gaza city, from 300 tons and more of concrete,
which was designated to build houses and hotels etc. A lot of tunnels
were dug under the dividing wall and terorists entered the southern
kibbutzim and villages in order to kill. The entrances and stashing of
armament were done in citizens houses, in hospitals, mosques and even in
three U.N buildings. The Hamas sent missiles into Israel under the
shield of civil population for 10 years... Israel has every house
shielded by a special safety room, however these missiles killed people
and livestock and workers of kibbutzim and villages and cities around
GAZA and even far away by long range missiles, provided by Iran.. This
is why Israel put a siege on Gaza by sea and by land, letting all
merchandise to enter Gaza, but under supervision. The Zuk eitan war was
conducted because of these endless missiles, which entered israel every
half an hourk two hours, during the day, during the week and months for
10 years, causing children and people to be traumatized all the time.
The right wing government in Israel was chosen only because of endless
terror and missiles.

The amas movement does not recognize the existence of israel. In the
west bank, in Geography books studied at scools there is no srael on the
map..

5. PROPAGANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All over the world there are networks of anti Israeli strong propaganda,
financed by rich oil Arab countries. The left in Europe is joining them.
This is a mixture of the old sickness of Anti Jewish hatered mixed with
propaganda against Israel. Palestinians work a lot on propaganda. They
send children to vex soldiers, to call their mothers whores and curse
them. The soldiers have strict orders not to be dragged into it, but
sometimes they can not hold themselves and then Palestinian
photographers take pictures and do not show the children throwing stones
or cursing. There is a smoothly oiled net of such photographers who sent
the material immediately to world media, which publishes it and shows it
on TV. Mr. Mazin Qumsieh himself his the head of a palestinian
propaganda network.I am just a private citizen.

however , among the settlers there is a group of Jewish extremists
Called Tag Mechir, which is responsible for bad things like the burning
of a house which caused a palestinan family such misfortune - and all
kind of hostile Grafity on houses..This group also fights soldiers who
try to stop them, and send stones to them. Sometimes it is difficult to
bring them to justice, as they are told not to talk and not to reveal
anything to the police.. and therefore there's lack of evidence. However
there are procedures now to put them out side the law as a terror group.

6. Settlements. The settlement problem is a harsh problem for Israelis,
as in this matter conscience fights against the need for survival. As I
mentioned the west Bank enters deep into Israel until 22 k"m from the
sea. A lot of Hamas people are in the refugee camp, and among the
general lpopulation of the west bank, although there are a lot of
Moderate people too. This government says that we have left Lebanon (
the second Lebanon war was caused by 3 years of Missiles sent by the
Hizballa into the northern cities and villages of Israel . ( the first
lebanon war was to eradicate the Yasser Arafaat terror grups. The war
was stopped by Israeli mothers who protested and paraded. The
government says that we left Lebanon, and the Hizballa is sending
missiles and shoots .. Also kidnaps people and after lies turns them
back as corps. We left Gaza and the Hamas was chosen and started sending
missiles. The danger of Hamas sizing the west bank and starting from
there, and the Isis people who already infiltrate jordan and influence
some people even in Isrfael, is great... So, we must have some control
over the west bank. That's the Governments argument, but an extreme
political party which is driven by religious ideology tries to influence
, by being a part of this government.

Israel stands_before a terrible dillema: 1. the two state solution,
which many Israelis prefer, including me and my family, raises a danger,
terrible danger of missiles sent into Israel by Hamas powers, and
infiltration of Isis into this territory which puts in dangers
palestinians as well as israelis. We have here a terrible moral dillemma
- it is against our most profound morals, however it clashes with our
need for survival

2. The one state solution, which settlers prefer, Puts us in danger of
demographic change in the future. Puts in danger our cultural values
and also our democratic values.... we do not know towards
which direction the Arab world develops?
_
My own dream for the future is two free states, which completely
recognize eacxh otherf's existence, toghether with the countries
around. with upper institutions of a high court of regional justice, a
religious and ethnic advisory commity , a water authority for the three
nations. amd a work high court of justice for workers of the region who
would work at each other...

But this is a far far aaway dream. I think people in the region have to
grow up..... Yours,

Dr. Hedva Rabinson Bachrach
Israel

But this is a far far away dream

___
*
On 20/10/2015 08:13, worldwidepeaceorg@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
wwpoenglish Digest Mon, 19 Oct 2015 Volume: 02 Issue: 118

In This Issue:
[wwpoenglish] Fwd: TMS Weekly Digest 19 Oct - 25 Oct 2015
[wwpoenglish] INDIA'S TRANSIT BLOCKADE- DAMAGING THE PEOPLE

From: Bruce Cook <cookcomm@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [wwpoenglish] Fwd: TMS Weekly Digest 19 Oct - 25 Oct 2015
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 08:13:19 -0500

Sent using CloudMagic Email
[https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=pa&cv=7.4.10&pv=5.0&source=email_footer_2]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 08:53:28 -0500
Subject: [wwpoenglish] INDIA'S TRANSIT BLOCKADE- DAMAGING THE PEOPLE OF NEPAL
From: Bruce Cook <cookcomm@xxxxxxxxx>

Please read this distressing study from Prof. Bishnu Pathak in Nepal.
THE TRUTH ABOUT INDIA'S TRANSIT BLOCKADE WHICH IS DAMAGING THE PEOPLE OF
NEPAL
Impacts of India's Transit Warfare against Nepal
by Professor Bishnu Pathak

http://author-me.com/nonfiction/impactindiablockade.pdf

------------------------------

End of wwpoenglish Digest V2 #118
*********************************

------------------------------

Subject: [wwpoenglish] Fwd: Re: wwpoenglish Digest V2 #118 attention mrBruce C
From: Hedva Bachrach <hedgad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 21:58:08 +0200

From: Bruce Cook<cookcomm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 08:13:19 -0500

Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 08:53:28 -0500
From: Bruce Cook<cookcomm@xxxxxxxxx>

Please read this distressing study from Prof. Bishnu Pathak in Nepal.
THE TRUTH ABOUT INDIA'S TRANSIT BLOCKADE WHICH IS DAMAGING THE PEOPLE OF
NEPAL
Impacts of India's Transit Warfare against Nepal
by Professor Bishnu Pathak

http://author-me.com/nonfiction/impactindiablockade.pdf

End of wwpoenglish Digest V2 #118

End of wwpoenglish Digest V2 #122