[wvic] Re: WVIC Minutes

  • From: "Richard Soar" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "soar" for DMARC)
  • To: <wvic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "christine" <christinebryan2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 09:30:14 +0100

Thanks David

I thought the meeting was excellent and thank you to you and Peter for all your efforts to make it work ......and to John for hosting and teaching us all about Zoom !!

Very happy to send notes in advance as clearly you had to put a lot of work into producing a consolidated document. Simon's suggestion of a standard format is a good one - maybe using Richard Js new investment form for any new suggestions and another standard form for raconteur reporting, preferably with a size limit to keep comments down to a precis (avoiding the temptation to cut and paste which I can be as guilty as anyone for doing!) plus recommended action of course. I would be happy to draw up a suggested format in Word if it would help.

I think we are likely to be in for a few meetings like this before Corexit...

Best regards

Richard

-----Original Message----- From: David Hutchison
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 6:44 AM
To: wvic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; christine
Subject: [wvic] WVIC Minutes

Dear everyone,

I enclose the Minutes from last night’s meeting. I congratulate Peter on steering us deftly through on a platform which was completely unfamiliar to many of us before the Plague.

I suspect there are many lessons to be learnt from last night and would ask for your thoughts. My own are:

- We need the Global discussion next time to discuss when the market will bottom or has bottomed and what its impact on future business will be.

- Submitting detailed thoughts in advance is a good discipline which we might continue post plague. It is what one would expect of a normal business meeting. I will be asking for proposals by 4pm on the Friday before then next meeting.

- We should not forget Richard J’s excellent matrix for providing relevant information. Perhaps Richard could circulate it again, please?

- Submitting detailed thoughts in advance would allow new ideas to be fed straight in - apologies, Nick, for missing out DS Smith, sponsor of Wasps & Cardiff Blues rugby teams.

- John suggests we don’t need these thoughts collated into one place. I’d be delighted not to, but this means members having to print off beforehand or achieve sight of 15 or so different emails during the meeting. Comments?

- Finally, for me 2 1/2 hours is a long time in front of a screen. I thought the discussion time went really well, but I suggest that next time we start the actual meeting at 7.45 and try to end by 9.30. Raconteurs and those with new investment proposals should only take 30 seconds to summarise the case they have already submitted in detail.

But these are only the thoughts of a humble scribe and I look forward to hearing other views….

With best wishes

David