[womeninscience] WIS Halloween Party

  • From: k.klimek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: womeninscience@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, womeninscience-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 22:02:36 -0500

Hey girls,

This Thursday is the annual Halloween Party.  We will be watching the Corpse
Bride and taking part in Halloween crafts.  Its in the usual room, WCH 1.110,
at 6pm.  There will be free food and drinks as always.

As for Race for the Cure, most of the volunteer opportunities only need 4 or
less volunteers.  The jobs which have a larger number needed are shifts that
start at about 4am on Sunday.  I'm assuming most of us are not to eager to get
up at 3am to get out there.  However those of you who are or those who would
like to try and volunteer for the shifts with limited space can go to the
volunteer website here

 http://www.komenaustin.org/site/PageServer?pagename=volunteer_home

On the left side of the page click on "Search Race Opportunities".  Next click
"I agree" on the disclaimer page.  On the next page under "Option 1:Show all
Opportunities" click on "Search All".  Next click on the link "Click here to
view more details or to sign up" under the job you are interested in. If you
are interested in volunteering for any of those shifts then click "Sign Up
Now".  A volunteer sign in page will come up and then click on "New Volunteer
Sign Up" at the bottom of the page.  Input your information in the new window
that pops up and you will then be a registered volunteer and can sign up for
the race volunteer opportunity of your choice. Sorry about the inconvenience
and last minute info.  Let me know if you have any problems.

Hope to see all of you on Thursday,

Kim Klimek
Secretary WIS