[wlugkc] Re: Question -- maybe wlug can help...

  • From: Scott Harris <sharris64109@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jonrkc@xxxxxxxxxxx, WLUG <wlugkc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 22:37:03 -0500

Jon --

Questions like these are one of the main reasons we created the list, so
don't be shy about asking them.

I tried out Firefox, didn't like it, and so don't use it.  My guess is
that you'vegot an autoupdate feature turned on somewhere.  If you've got
the original tarball or rpm you downloaded, try reinstalling it to get
the old dialog back.  I'm not familiar with either distro you've been
using so I don't know if reinstalling Firefox from the distro CD will
help; they might package things in such a way that it automatically gets
the latest updates of the bundled products.

Anybody else have any ideas?

-- Scott