[wlugkc] How you all do at Pembroke Sale? About to Go SMP! Slack 10.1

  • From: Robert Gambrill <robertgambrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wlugkc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 20:42:58 -0500

Hi All,

Just wondering if you and yours made it to the pembroke clothesline sale?

I (as always) made out like a bandit. I got a RAD remote control robot,
a HP 4e Travan
SCSI tape unit (with 3 8gig tapes),  an AirZooka,  a TI-83 calculator
manual, a Rubik's
snake, a Rubik's like Octahedron puzzle thing(haven't solved it yet), a
copy of the "Signet Science Series" book "Crystals and Crystal Growing",
yet another text on "Switching Theory Methodology" and (get this) a set
of Realistic minimus 7 metal speakers (which tie in perfectly with my
subwoofer) complete with wall mounting brackets, all for under $25.00 bucks!

The AirZooka and the RAD RC Robot have seen much service keeping my cats
in line.

Cat jumps on top of the TV while you watching your favorite show? No
problem! The
AirZooka delievers a harmless blast of air from up to 20' away.

Or, Cats decide to start meowing at 4:00 AM because their food dishes
are empty (the ones you fill at 6:00 PM and 8:00 AM) and want you to get
up?. No Problem, just turn on your RAD robot and have it chase them
around for awhile, they'll forget all about bugging you!

Seriously, That Robot is just crying out to be hacked. It has two tank
treads, a waist that tilts up
and down, two arms that open and close, a missle turret that rotates and
fires and a voice link
that lets you speak into the remote and have the bot say things like
"Obiwan, your our only
hope.."

My main PC is down right now, I just got a gigabyte GA-6BXD dual P3
Mainboard and am in
the process of installing it this evening. Will write again with my
thoughts on S.M.P under
GNU/linux.

Lastly, as some of you may have heard, Pat Volkerding was recently ill
and has recently
returned to work. I figured I'd buy the latest slackware from
slackware.com so as to support them direct (as opposed to buying it
heavily discounted on the sale table like I usually do).

Anyway, I made a copy for Bot (complete with disk labels decorated with
subgenius art) and
if anyone else wants a copy let me know. I know everyone else has either
gone debian or
suse but I still like my comfortable old slack!

Hope you are all well, maybe we can get together next thursday if you
all have time!

Robert