[wlugkc] Geeks and Grills: Details

  • From: Scott Harris <sharris64109@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WLUG <wlugkc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 22:15:53 -0500

Most of you know this stuff already but in case we have newbies ...

What to bring:

-  Anything you want to throw on the grill (food is recommended).
-  Anything you'd like to share (again, we're thinking food here) for
pot luck.
-  Anything you'd like to drink
-  Yourself
-  Any guests you feel like dragging with you.  (Minors are welcome.
Majors must be accompanied by a higher ranking officer).
-  Any techno-toys you have for show-and-tell.  I can run an extension
cord out for power and someone MIGHT bring a wireless hub.

General info:

-  There is a bathroom inside the house (the neighbors get upset if you
use the shrubbery).
-  No matter what the cats try to tell you, they are not allowed
outside.  There are neighbors' cats and ferals about, so don't panic if
you do see a cat outdoors.
-  No matter what the dogs in the neighbor's yard try to tell you, their
people do feed them.  You can toss them the occassional tidbit if you
like but don't feel obligated.
-  The neighborhood kids sometimes use the North driveway as a shortcut
between Tracy and Virginia.  If you're driving watch out for kids on
foot, bike, scooter, and skateboard.
-  You can park in either driveway or on either side of the street.
-  There are twigs, rocks, and bits of broken glass and metal in the
grass.  Walking barefoot is not recommended.
-  Smoking is allowed outdoors only.
-  The grills will be lit around 6:00 and the coals should last all
night.  After the food is cooked we may convert one to a fire-pit for
marshmallows.
-  There is a grocery store just North of the gas station at 35th and
Troost if you need to make any last minute purchases.  (They don't
usually carry name-brand pop, though, and Bubba Cola will never be
mistaken for Pepsi or Coke).
-  We will provide paper plates, napkins, and plastic cups and utensils,
chairs and tables.

That should about cover it.  Any more questions?

-- Scott