[wkars-members] VHF NFD RESULTS

  • From: "keithlbird@xxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "keithlbird@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: wkars-members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 07:43:13 -0400

Dear club members, the VHF NFD results have been published and while the
club entered primarily the?144MHz section, we have been placed 12th overall out
of 14 clubs.
?
Given that we didn't compete in the 6m and 4m sections, and our 70cm and 23cm
operations were?limited, the result as?a first for many years is a good one.
?
Looking at the 2m section specifically we have been placed 8th out of 16
clubs,?most of which were running double our power, so in all a good result and
one we can build from for next years VHF NFD.
?
Thanks to all those members that helped with the rigging and operating, and
to Richard for hosting us once again.
?
Attached to this email is a pdf copy the error report, showing the contacts
where we lost points due to wrong information being logged.
?
If you want to view the full results of all stations taking part in this
contest,?full listings of the results can be found here;
http://www.rsgbcc.org/cgi-bin/vhfresults.pl?Contest=VHF NFD&year=2015
?
Our next planned contest will be the HF SSB NFD, over the 5th/6th of September,
for which we need assistance with the aerial rigging and operators to run in
the contest.
?
In parallel to the HF SSB field day contest their is the 144MHz Trophy contest,
for which we would also like to make an entry. If your interested in helping
over this weekend in some way please let me know, perhaps this will be
something to discuss during the club meeting tomorrow night.
?
73 Keith