[Wittrs] Re: It can't be Said; Only Shown

  • From: "College Dropout John O'Connor" <sixminuteabs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 15:18:10 -0500

Mattew 24:5
For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

7. Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.

Revelations 21:7
He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he
shall be my son.

From Culture & Value, page 30:

"The spring which flows gently and limpidly in the Gospels seems to have froth
on it in Paul's Epistles.  Or that is how it seems to me.  Perhaps it is just
my own impurity which reads turbidness into it; for why shouldn't this impurity
be able to pollute what is limpid?  But to me it's as though I saw human
passion here, something like pride or anger, which is not in tune with the
humility of the Gospels.  It's as though he is insisting here in his own
person, and doing so moreover as a religious gesture, something which is
foreign to the Gospel.  I want to ask- and may this be no blasphemy- : "What
might Christ have said to Paul?"  But a fair rejoinder to that would be : What
business is that of yours?  Attend to making yourself more honorable!  In your
present state you are quite incapable of understanding what may be the truth
here.

In the Gospels- as it seems to me- everything is less pretentious, humbler,
simpler.  There you find huts; in Paul a church.  There all men are equal and
God himself is a man; in Paul there is already something like a hierarchy;
honours and official positions.  -That, as it were, is what my NOSE tells me.

Let us be human.-"

--
He lived a wonderful life.