[wisb] Re: wildlife rehab (no sightings)

  • From: BFisher928@xxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 19:31:30 -0500 (EST)

Pardon my philosophizing, but the discussion about the value of  rehabbing
injured or sick wildlife makes me think of the Loren Eiseley essay,  The
Star Thrower. Wikipedia has a page on it, which does a good job of capturing
Eiseley's message; you can probably find the original 16 page essay in a book
by  Eiseley at a local library.

Eiseley's message has been used by many others, ofttimes  in a  fairly
simplistic manner.

Regards
Bob Fisher
DuPage County  IL