[wisb] unIDed Fall bird song, any help?

  • From: paul bruce <rdjn560birdcrazy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 23:11:41 -0700 (PDT)

     At one of my stops along Shady Lane,  I happened upon a sparrow singing a
fall song.
  Now, we all know that a whitethroat will have a quavery Old Sam Peabody song,
and we can distinguish that, right?  Well this critter Friday was very
questionable, and what really sucks is I didn't even get to see the thing !!
The song was obviously in autumn mode and the main theme sounded like a mixed
jumble of phrases, which instantly brought to mind Lincoln's. I've never heard
a fall singing Lincoln's before, if anyone has please back-channel me for more
info.  But anyway, I got another FOF right after leaving Appleton's Tech, and a
rather, shall we say,  surprising sighting considering I generally think of
ROUGH-LEGS to be a much colder migrant.  Well, this one through me off, knowing
that the next front hasn't gone through yet.
  Like Daryl said in his latest post," who knows what this cold air mass might
bring."

        Paul Bruce, Oshkosh
        Winnebago Co.