[wisb] pseudo-bird count, some real good stuff

  • From: paul bruce <rdjn560birdcrazy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 10:13:57 -0700 (PDT)

   Hi everyone ---   Not sure if anyone did go out for the count today, despite
the chilly winds at all, but I didn't plan on going, for that very matter, BUT,
since I didn't go I took the students of the family to their Saturday a.m.
course in Appleton and I took OFF !!  3 hrs. out at the sod farm, Shady Lane,
Center Av. and other spots plus Brewster's Woods all totalled 64 sps.,
highlights inc. 7 shorebird sps. now adding 1 white-rump,  heard PB grebe and
sora at Shady Marsh,  Yel-thr. Vireo at Shady woods,  Purple finch, Sparrows
-  Field, whitecrown (4), clay color, chippng, all at one spot by a burned
area. All in all not a very bad morning of birding with a good turn out.
    Paul Bruce, Oshkosh/Appleton
     Winnebago and Outagamie Cos.