[wisb] not quite first, but still good: Red-headed Woodpecker

  • From: The Gorman-Baers <gormbaer@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 11:09:37 -0600

As I was making the rounds yesterday around Mount Horeb, I saw the
Red-headed Woodpecker spotted earlier in the week, near the
intersection of Co. ID and 78 just West of Mount Horeb. Once again,
it flew right in front of me and landed in a tree next to the bike
trail - this bird really wants to be seen!

My first bird of the year, though, was a Red-tailed Hawk, seen in the
same area.

--
Peter Gorman
Mount Horeb, Dane Co.