[wisb] no sighting, question ?

  • From: "Steve Thiessen" <stevethiessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisb" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 20:50:14 -0500

 Reading the American Birds CBC issue, I noticed that Arkansas had their first
Barnacle Goose record. In the back, it doesn't say escape. I didn't think that
any were countable. Although the northeast coast is ok. We've learned that
there is no sure way to tell. But they should be the questionable.
 So what's the records commitees take on this issue. I know a number of
Barnacle Geese have been seen in the wild in Wisconsin, over the years.
 Thanks, Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.