[wisb] Re: crossbills

  • From: <rholzrichter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cdermody@xxxxxxxxx, wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 12:46:05 +0000

Cathy:

Yesterday I stopped by at Forest Beach around 11:30am.  Saw a flock of approx
50 Red Crossbills in the NW corner of
the property. They were working some dead evergreens as well as dipping into
the prairie grasses and forbs.   Also lots of swallows and Eastern Kingbirds.
The ponds were absolutely dead.
--
Bob Holzrichter
Cedarburg, Ozaukee Cty, WI