[wisb] birding on Menomonee River again wauwatosa (MKE)

  • From: lee vukovich <leeanna2fly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 18:39:37 -0700 (PDT)

Always along the river between swan blvd and wauwatosa village in Milwaukee
area:
Date was 5/11 early evening
Blackburnian W
Veery
Black Throated Green W
Nesting Orioles Balt.
Rose breasted grossbeak pair
palm W
kinglets
redstart W male and female
blue headed vireo
wood duck pair still there
solitary sandpiper
Mourning W
Tennessee W
Black and White W
Yellow W
Yellow Rumped
Northern Water Thrush
Ovenbird

I would like to pipe in and say thanks for starting to include more than just
the county!  for those of us crazy enough to hunt stuff down.  Thinking of
looking for the prothonotary W's at Sugar river in Janesville area:) Never saw
one!
But at least it all gives me an idea if the birds are still around and could
maybe still catch them by me, so i appreciate hearing it all!
Can someone email me their thoughts on conditions to see the passerines around
times of storms?  before or after? rain or no rain?  seems I keep catching the
windy part of weather with these storms that have been coming thru and I am
missing my fave warblers!
Thanks!
lee in milwaukee