[wisb] a variety

  • From: "russell" <DRussell012@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 12:31:15 -0600

Hi to all
Well, continue to enjoy my carolina wren and the hermit thrush, the thrush has
made himself at home, appears quite curious, enjoying food on the feeder and
below and the bird bath. I have only seen one that I am aware of, is this
typical or would it be likely that there are more around.
Enjoying the entries by all who are traveling about and what they are seeing.
Thanks so much for your observations and great pictures.
Has anyone read the article in Birders World regarding the evaluation of
binocs, what`s your thoughts? Haven`t found the magazine here yet in LaCrosse.
Otherwise, lots of cardinals, woodpeckers, downy and hairy,titmouses,
chickadees,,juncos, blue jays,nuthatches, and an  eagle now and then circling.
Happy Birding to all
Nancy R
LaCrosse, Wi
LaCrosse County