[wisb] Yellow-breasted Chat! - south of Eau Claire

  • From: Janine Polk <j_l_polk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdnet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 12:25:00 -0700 (PDT)

After completing my Meridean BBS this morning, I was doing a little birding on
my way home and stopped to check out a shrubby area, hoping to find a Bell's
Vireo. Instead, I heard a series of odd noises that sounded like
a......Chat?!? After listening to it sing for a few minutes (if you can call it
singing), I walked in a short distance and spotted it carrying on at the top of
a tree.

Directions are: take F south of Eau Claire, go past II, and turn east on Cherry
Lane (which is maybe half ? a mile north of Maple Road). Drive in for about a
tenth of a mile, and listen for the bird south of the road.

This is probably the second, or maybe third, record of this species for Eau
Claire County.

Janine Polk
Eau Claire