[wisb] Yellow-breasted Chat, Milwaukee County

  • From: Jennifer Ambrose <jenthreat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@freelists org" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 09:54:57 -0500

I just saw a chat at Sheridan Park, a good deal north of the pond in a
clump of trees located after the bike trail splits and veers west and
continues north. Large warbler, distinct white spectacles and bright as
heck yellow-orange neck and breast. Low to ground in brush. It popped up to
preen and I had an excellent look at it. It took off before I could
photograph it, though. A state bird for me!
Jennifer A
Milwaukee