[wisb] Wisbirdn problems

  • From: Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 10:35:32 -0500

Looks like a whole bunch of Wisbirdn subscribers got booted off by the server.
Most of the addresses were from yahoo.com, msn.com, frontier.com, Hotmail.com,
Comcast.net, and sbcglobal.net, plus a bunch of miscellaneous other ones.  I
suspect because of recent spam posts from hacked email accounts, Freelist.org
probably has been marked as a "spam generator", so Wisbirdn posts are bounced
back as undeliverable, causing the Freelists server to give up and unsubscribe
the email address.

Listowner Tom Sykes has files to do mass "resubscriptions", but it's going to
take him a while to get to all of them.  If you have an email address from one
of the above providers, but are reading this on one of the archived versions of
Wisbirdn, you probably won't be able to post to the list for a while, until we
get everyone back on.  In the meantime, go birding (or do yardwork, as I'm
about to go out and do...)

Peter Fissel
Wisbirdn Admin/Monitor
Madison WI