[wisb] Wis. Rapids Long Tailed Duck yes Buena Vista Gyr No Wednesday

  • From: Kelly Rueckheim <rueckel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 19:29:09 +0000

After seeing the duck, I decided to head over to Buena Vista one last time to
look for the Gyrfalcon.  This was my sixth time there looking (I should mention
that on four occasions I was travelling through the area and detoured through
Buena Vista).   I did not find the Gyrfalcon.  I also did not find any  Snowy
Owls or Prairie Chickens  (I had seen them on previous visits).   The only
birds I saw were a handful of Horned Larks and Snow Buntings.  It didn't matter
though.  It was a beautiful evening and I was just happy to be there.  Spending
time in Prairie Chicken blinds counting pcs on their booming grounds during my
college years was a formative experience and will always hold special meaning
for me.

Kelly Rueckheim - Hillsboro, Vernon County####################