[wisb] Wild Turkeys

  • From: Kathi Johnson Rock <kathijr777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 01:08:12 -0600

We live on the near west side of Madison. Today in the early afternoon
(Halloween!) we saw a flock of eight wild turkeys in the yard next door to
us. We have seen one or two at a time, but not at all recently.
If you'd care to see a photo, click on this link to our E-Bird report about
it:

http://ebird.org/ebird/wi/view/checklist?subID=S25648909

We don't get many unusual birds here in the city, but this was a very fun
sighting! Now, if only a Snow Owl would show up!

Good birding everyone!!

--
Kathi and Michael Rock
Madison, Wisconsin, Dane County

"Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this
glittering
fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..."; (J. J. Audubon)