[wisb] Wild Goose Trail-Dodge Co.-WOOD THRUSH

  • From: "Rhonda Schrab" <rdzs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 18:06:17 -0500

Today I heard a wood thrush on Wild Goose Trail about 1/4 mile north of Hwy
60. When my wife and I walked early this morning I heard what I was quite
sure was a wood thrush. I have a brother visiting from Colorado so I took
him for a walk there this afternoon. We both heard the wood thrush sing a
few times and agreed it certainly was. We also saw and heard a singing
sedge wren, a life bird for him. Sedge wrens are fairly common in the wet,
grassy area between the trail and the cattails. I have been walking the
Wild Goose Trail quite regularly for years and today is the first time I
have seen or heard a wood thrush there.
Dave Schrab
Dodge Co