[wisb] Western Grebe still there.

  • From: Peter Gorman <peter.gorman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 18:02:04 +0000

The WESTERN GREBE reported on lately is still present off the Lakeshore Path on
the UW-Madison campus (Dane Co.). I came to work this morning without
bionoculars or camera, but thought I should take a walk at lunchtime to see if
I could pick it out. This is a very obliging bird: I saw it out in the water
just 20 feet out from the path, and followed it eastwards along the path until
it started moving farther out into the lake.
If you’re on campus today, it’s in the same area as has been reported: just
west of the Limnology Building along the Lakeshore path.

Peter C. Gorman
Mount Horeb, dane County