[wisb] Weekly ID help request from Forest County

  • From: timarytm@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: Wisbirdn Post <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 21:39:47 -0700 (PDT)

Okay, I have done my best at trying to identify the birds the camera caught
that we did not get identified in the field this weekend. I have posted an
album of pictures at:
 http://www.flickr.com/photos/46280125@N08/sets/72157631315203770/ if anyone
cares to take a look and give an opinion as usual I will be extremely grateful.

Saturday morning in Forest County, we immediately came upon a large mixed
flock. We identified BC Chickadees, Black-throated Green Warblers, Nashville
Warblers, Eastern Wood Peewees, Black and white Warblers, Chestnut-sided
Warblers, Yellow-rumped Warblers, Red-eyed Vireos,  an Ovenbird and more.  A
few others are posted.

Sunday, we birded Knowles Creek Impoundment. Does anyone else? If so, when does
the birding pick up there? Highlights were a single Double-crested Cormorant
and  a pair of Bald Eagles. We had nice close looks at a Green Heron. I posted
pictures of a Hawk and a small duck-like bird from our visit.

Tuesday evening, we found a pair of small ducks at Gordon Bubolz Nature
Preserve in Outagamie County that I am unsure of the identity of.

Thanks,
Mary Maertz
Outagamie Co