[wisb] Waukesha: Unknown diving duck, etc

  • From: thomas657@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 00:31:05 -0400

As Jim posted, the Loon is still around on the Fox River above the dam in
downtown Waukesha as of late this afternoon.  Boy, I wish I had the longer lens
that he has.  My lil ol' 200mm just doesn't have the reach.  And, about 15
minutes before I got there the beautiful sun that Jim had disappeared behind
the clouds.

I didn't see the Grebe that he found, but I did find this unknown duck.  It is
smaller than a Mallard and spent a great deal of time diving.  Here's a photo:

Unknown Duck:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/5593841595/

If you can identify, please leave a comment and I will update accordingly.

Thanks,
Tom Wright