[wisb] Waterfowl at Tenny Lock

  • From: James Delmedico <pintail96@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 10:27:37 -0800 (PST)

There were Redhead's (2 drakes and 3 hens) at Tenny Lock last night also.
Yesterday was the first day I had seen them there and I walk the dog past their
almost every night. There is also a Gadwall pair that has been there for about
2 weeks. I'm also pretty sure I heard a Green-winged Teal but I forgot the
binoculars and couldn't pick it out amongst the mob of Mallards. And does
anyone have explanation for the variety of color forms of Mallards in town?
there are some really pretty brown and white forms (I'm assuming they are
mallards anyway)) My guess is a cross with a domestic form but I'd be
interested in hearing other ideas as well.

Jay Delmedico
Madison, Dane Co.