[wisb] Warblers at Pheasant Branch Conservancy 9/19

  • From: Mike McDowell <mcdomik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 20:28:14 -0500

Sylvia Marek and I found 16 warbler species at Pheasant Branch
Conservancy today. This morning we ran into a large flock of NASHVILLE
WARBLERS and TENNESEE WARBLERS foraging low in White Snakeroot at the
open area by the first bridge east from Park Lawn. There were also a
few CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLERS, COMMON YELLOWTHROATS, a couple of
BLUE-WINGED WARBLERS, and one GOLDEN-WINGED WARBLER associating with
this flock. Further east we found BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLERS, AMERICAN
REDSTARTS, MAGNOLIA WARBLERS, and a couple of BLACK-THROATED GREEN
WARBLERS.

When things quieted down, we took the trail west from Park Lawn. East
of the Parmenter Street bridge we found NORTHERN PARULA, NORTHERN
WATERTHRUSH, WILSON’S WARBLER, BLACKPOLL WARBLER, and a few
BAY-BREASTED WARBLERS.  When we returned to Pheasant Branch late
afternoon, we found our first YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER for fall
migration. Other birds for the day included SCARLET TANAGER,
YELLOW-THROATED VIREO, PHILADELPHIA VIREO, CAROLINA WREN, SWAINSON’S
THRUSH, and ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK.

Happy Birding!

--
Mike McDowell