[wisb] Warblers at Elver Park in Madison

  • From: "Samuel J. Krerowicz" <krerowiczs01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 23:10:57 +0000

While birding Elver park in the southwest part of Madison, I came upon two
mixed flocks of warblers. One was made up of TENNESSEE, BLACK-AND-WHITE,
NASHVILLE, and BLACK-THROATED GREEN WABLERS. The other was of a few BLUE-GRAY
GNATCATCHERS, a TUFTED TIT-MOUSE, and probable
magnolia/blackburnian/black-throated green warblers. Both flocks were hanging
out with chickadees. My full ebird list is below.

Sam Krerowicz
Dane County
Madison, WI

Elver Park-South, Dane, US-WI
Aug 18, 2012 2:35 PM - 5:25 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
Comments:     1 woodchuck, 2 rabbits, and lots of chipmunks and gray squirrels
seen as well
32 species (+1 other taxa)

Wild Turkey  16     rough count, possibly more
Great Blue Heron  1
Cooper's Hawk  1
Red-tailed Hawk  1
Mourning Dove  1
Common Nighthawk  1
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  1
Belted Kingfisher  1
Red-bellied Woodpecker  1
Downy Woodpecker  4
Hairy Woodpecker  1
Eastern Wood-Pewee  3
Great Crested Flycatcher  2
Eastern Kingbird  2
Blue Jay  5     rough count
American Crow  3
Barn Swallow  30     estimate
Black-capped Chickadee  15     estimate
Tufted Titmouse  1
White-breasted Nuthatch  1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  3
American Robin  15     estimate
Gray Catbird  15     estimate
Cedar Waxwing  7
Black-and-white Warbler  1
Tennessee Warbler  2
Nashville Warbler  1
Black-throated Green Warbler  1     possibly 2
warbler sp.  5     estimate, probably a mix of magnolia, blackburnian and/or
black-throated green warblers
Northern Cardinal  4
Common Grackle  1
Baltimore Oriole  1