[wisb] Re: Warbler Quiz

  • From: Al Schirmacher <alschirmacher@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 06:40:15 -0500

While I enjoy warbler quizzes (far more than empid quizzes!), this series of
photos brings a discussion point to mind:

* Relying on photos as the ultimate identification tool is nearly as fraught
with peril as a written description.

Yet it is so tempting!

Al Schirmacher
Columbus, WI temporarily
Princeton, MN again next week

PS Many thanks to Wisbirders for their recommendations, directions and
encouragement during my return to Wisconsin.  Had the opportunity to get away
on occasion to a variety of spots from Horicon to Madison, resulting in 100+
birds and 30+ butterflies, including a life bird, two state birds and six year
birds.  Mom passed yesterday, anticipate returning to Minnesota Sunday.

Special thanks to Peter Fissel, he's a trooper!