[wisb] Warbler Day - Peninsula State Park

  • From: "Charles Peterson" <suechick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "door county birding" <doorcobirding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 16:02:57 -0500

This morning in Peninsula SP along two miles of Shore Road I found quite a few
birds, unlike the last several weeks. YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS were everywhere I
was birding, I guessed about 150. Before today, only a few seen.  Other
warblers all in single digit numbers were NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE, CAPE MAY, PALM,
and a beautiful BLACK-THROATED BLUE male. Also saw several Swainson & Hermit
Thrushes, single Blue-headed & Philadelphia Vireo, Winter & House Wren, Phoebe,
B. Creeper and several Sapsuckers & Flickers along with the expected birds of
Fall. Juncos are here along with White-throat (lots) and White-crowned
Sparrows. Great fun, having too many birds to count!
Sue Peterson
Ephraim, Door Co.