[wisb] Re: WSO book on sale: Wisconsin's Favorite Bird Haunts

  • From: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 09:03:44 -0600

I would urge anyone who doesn't have a copy of this invaluable resource
to jump on this outstanding deal.  If you're unaware of "Bird Haunts",
it's a detailed summary, with maps and commentary by local birders, of
most of the locations you see mentioned on this listserv.  The index is
similarly detailed, by location AND species, so you look up just where
the best spots are to look for that elusive Boreal Chickadee (note that
this does NOT work for Wayne Rohde, for some odd reason...) I have the
last three editions and refer to all of them, as the lineup of locations
has changed over the years, but many of the previously-listed ones are
still good for birding.

Peter Fissel
Madison, WI