[wisb] Vilas County

  • From: Cheryl Todea <cheryl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WISB <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 08:24:07 -0500

Well - I finally had my official first sunrise birding of the season this
morning near one section of slightly open water on the WI River and then a
drive down the road to fields and mixed forest.  Mother Nature played an April
Fool's joke on me though. It was QUIET!!  I did get 2 FOY out of though. I
guess I have to start somewhere!

I did hear and see a few things:

Common Grackles - heard and saw
Red-winged Blackbirds (My FOY) - heard and saw
American Crows - heard and saw
Blue-jays - heard
American Goldfinch - heard and saw
Black-capped chickadee - heard and saw