[wisb] Vernon Marsh - crossbills-YES!

  • From: Haydee Zimmerman <perezzimmerman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 11:16:54 -0800 (PST)

The third time was a charm.  Walking up to the tamaracks we saw a flock of
about
20 birds fly into a tamarack tree right next to the path.    It was the most
incredible sight to watch them feed.  I was able to get within 10 to 15 feet of
the tree and get great pictures.  We watched them for about 30 minutes.   a
lifer for me!
Haydee Zimmerman
Big Bend, Waukesha