[wisb] Van Patten Rd & Bay Beach

  • From: Stuart Malcolm <stuart.malcolm26@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 23:47:37 +0100 (BST)

Hi all,
Nothing to match the excitement of the southern part of the state but Todd Ward
and I found some nice birds today from Van Patten Rd and Bay Beach.

Van Patten:

American Golden Plover - 2 adults
Stilt Sandpiper - 1 juv
Baird's Sandpiper - 2 juvs
Semi-P Plover - 5
13 species of shorebird in total. More numbers than recently. Today was the
first time that Juvenile peeps outnumbered adults.

Bay Beach:

Swainson's Thrush - 1

We also found one mixed flock of chickadees with some migrants mixed in:

Philadelphia Vireo - 1
Orange-crowned Warbler - 1
American Redstart - 1
Yellow-throated Vireo - 2+

Red-Eyed Vireo - 1
Ovenbird - 1

There was also a possible Parula but this was one of several birds we couldn't
get a good enough look at.

Good Birding,

Stuart Malcolm

Appleton