[wisb] Update from Costa Rica

  • From: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 18:29:11 -0600

Hey everyone!
Just a quick update from the tropics to take your minds momentarily off the
frigid winter cold.  I'm having a wonderful time so far (despite the almost
constant rain). Trip list is nearing 200 species. Most of them lifers for me.
We saw the Magnificent Resplendent Quetzal today!! The bird of the trip so far!

Tons of other lowland birds and a few highland species today were fun.
I've posted a quick sample of photos on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto/?saved=1

I'll try to post a full report when I return! :D

So til Monday (or maybe Tues):

Happy Birding! --Chris W, Richland County
http://swallowtailedkite.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first
material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the
composer; but when the last individual of a race of living things breathes no
more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be
again."

(From William Beebe's "The Bird: Its Form and Function," 1906)

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me