[wisb] Upcoming Hummingbird Garden Tours, 9/10 & 9/14

  • From: Kathi Johnson Rock <kathijr777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 11:03:31 -0500

Please join us for our upcoming Hummingbird Garden Tours in Madison,
Wisconsin on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 3-7 P.M. and SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 14,
1-5:30 P.M.  If you are interested in attending, please e-mail at
kathijr777@xxxxxxxxx for location details and more information.  Tours will
be held rain or shine.
This year for the first time, Wisconsin's only hummingbird bander, Mickey
O'Connor, will be banding and answering questions about hummingbird banding
at both tours.  We also have a hummingbird item door prize drawing at 5
p.m. on 9/10 and 3 p.m. on 9/14 (you must be present to win.)  Snacks and
beverages will also be available.  There is no charge to attend.

This year's tours will be held in memory of Bob Sargent, President of the
Hummer/Bird Study Group in Alabama, who sadly passed away on September 6.
Bob was such an inspiration to all of us who love hummingbirds and his
gentle spirit and passion for hummingbirds will be greatly missed.

Given that we live in the City of Madison, we have a good number of
hummingbirds during the fall migration (probably not as many as those of
you who live in better habitat though.)  We have 20 hummingbird feeders up
and offer 100+ varieties of plants (both native and exotic) in our garden.

We look forward to seeing a few Wisconsin Birding List members at our
tours!!

Kathi and Michael Rock

--
Kathi and Michael Rock
Madison, Wisconsin, Dane County

"Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this
glittering
fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..."; (J. J. Audubon)