[wisb] Tufted Titmouse - Green Bay, Pointe Au Sable

  • From: Brian Pierce <courthousehollow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 17:13:04 -0600

Arriving at the site at 11:30am today, I had just pulled onto Point Rd. off
of Nicolet Dr., when with the windows down I heard some Chickadee ruckus in
the woods just beyond the backyard of the house that sits on the sw corner
of Point and Nicolet. I drove to where I was at the beginning of the woods,
then stopped and pished. Several Chickadees came right in, then the TUFTED
TITMOUSE. It stayed well back from the main body of birds and quite a bit
higher.
I drove down to the end of Point scouting more birds, then back again, and
I relocated the TITMOUSE a bit further back from the road, but still up in
the upper 1/3 of the tree tops.

I have heard of this bird being seen in this general location at least
since early January.

Brian Pierce, Green Bay, Brown County