[wisb] Trumpeters, Dane co.

  • From: "Steve Thiessen" <stevethiessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisb" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 16:53:41 -0600

 Finally quite raining, so I got out. On the Cty B widespread of the Yahara
River, there were 5 Trumpeter Swans. Saw my first of the year yesterday, up in
Gordon.
 Lower Mud Lake ,McFarland, is loaded with waterfowl. Still 300 Tundra Swans,
400+ Shovelers, many Coots, Gadwalls, Goldeneye,Common Merganser and Mallards.
26 Ring-necked Ducks and some Lesser Scaup are good for this time of year.
 2 Song Sparrows along the road. I couldn't find any early in January, now
the're popping up all over.
Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.