[wisb] Tri-colored Heron and Snowy Egret Photos

  • From: David Freriks <dhfreriks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin birding network (E-mail)" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 20:58:41 -0500

Hi everyone.
    The birding gods were generous this afternoon and both the Snowy Egret
and the Tri-colored Heron that have been reported along Old Marsh Rd at
Horicon cooperated. The Snowy was sitting in the same place for at least 90
minutes. A big thanks to Dave Schrab for chasing me down a good half mile
away with his bike when the Tri-colored flew in after I had left him
looking at the Snowy to continue searching for the Tri-colored farther
west. I saw at least 6 Black-necked Stilts while I was west of the Heron
and Egret site.
    Photos are at this link    http://www.pbase.com/dhfreriks/new_photos
 There are also some recent photos of the Whimbrel at Racine and various
shorebirds. If anyone can ID the Dowitcher sp as one or the other please
let me know.
Dave Freriks
West Bend, WI