[wisb] Tom Soulen passing

  • From: Daryl Tessen <bhaunts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 21:56:36 -0500

I just received an e-mail from Tom's wife that Tom Soulen passed away yesterday
(July 28). He will be really missed as he was for many years one of
Wisconsin's premier birders before he moved to Minnesota. Even then he
attended most of the WSO conventions, sharing his expertise on the convention
field trips. There are many marvelous memories for those of us that knew him
over the years.
Marilyn mentioned that there are many WI records at his home. She is wondering
if some one in WSO would be interested in getting these and processing them for
future reference. Please let me know if you are willing and interested.

Again a major loss in our state birding community!
Daryl Tessen
Appleton,, WI